1. I used to comment at BrothersJuddblog so obsessively that OJ asked me to blog.
2. While blogging at BrothersJudd, I "met" Brit, who commented at BrothersJudd. Ultimately, Brit and I, throwing caution and commonsense to the wind, actually met in real life over drinks at a pub.
3. Brit introduced me to Bryan Appleyard's blog, which I read for a while but stopped reading when it became clear that it was a hotbed of anti-American propaganda. Brit commented so obsessively that Bryan asked him to substitute blogging while Bryan was away. While substitute blogging, Brit bemoaned the death of lunchtime drinking.
4. Andrew Sullivan linked to Brit's post, and did some moaning of his own.
5. Ann Althouse made fun of Andrew for being nostalgic for rampant alcoholism.
6. I often read Ann Althouse's blog, saw her post, linked through to Andrew Sullivan and saw his link to Brit.
Clearly, I invented the Internet.