Virgin to launch space tourism in 18 months
I could have achieved so much more had I been less distracted.
17 September 2010
Three Guys and a Strategy: There's Nothing You Can Do That Can't Be Done: "I've never quite understood what the Beatles meant to tell us with this line, but it turns out to be a very nice way to think about why many..."
For anyone out there interested in the Strategic Management stuff I post from time to time, two friends and I are now blogging Strategy at Three Guys And A Strategy.
Posted by David at 8:01 PM
14 September 2010
Anyway, following on ten things about Montreal, here are ten things about Rome:
1. When it comes to the Internet, Rome is still in the 20th Century.
2. Paris and London are modern cities. Rome and Venice are not.
3. Rome, on the other hand, is cheaper than Paris or London.
4. Romans really are garrulous, at least with each other.
5. If I lived in Rome, I, too, would seriously consider a motor scooter. Parking in Rome is about as organized as hide and seek at a child's birthday party.
6. It is just incredibly hard for Americans not to tip.
7. Historic Rome is surprisingly small, accessible and walkable.
8. The Piazza Novanno (shown in the video) is beautiful and in all ways excellent. A good day would be to sit in the shade at one of the many trattoria, watching the pretty women and art that fill the Piazza, drinking cup after cup of Italian coffee.
9. There is a larger and more obvious police presence in Rome than in any American city.
10. English pops up everywhere, and not just in ways meant for tourists.
Posted by David at 10:56 AM