07 November 2006

An Educated Voter Is A Democrat's Nightmare

Instapundit, Captain Ed and a bunch of other bloggers are having fun with Michael Kinsley's Michael Kinsley's latest WaPo op-ed noting that the Democrat plan for Iraq is defeat.
Older readers may recognize this formula. It's Vietnamization -- the Nixon-Kissinger plan for extracting us from a previous mistake. But Vietnamization was not a plan for victory. It was a plan for what was called 'peace with honor' and is now known as 'defeat.'
But I haven't seen any focus on the truly astonishing Kinsleyesque gaffe: when Kinsley points to Nancy Pelosi's election manifesto, but says "By all means read it. But do me a favor and vote first."

In other words, elect the Democrats despite their awful tax and spend plans, despite their disingenuousness and despite their plan to lose the Iraq war. I think of myself as partisan, but I'm a piker. That's real partisanship.

No comments: