21 December 2006

One Good Carol Deserves Another (But All I Could Afford Was This Dreck).

For Brit, Duck and Skipper:

We three Dunnoist bloggers are;
On Christmas we sit at the bar,
Gin and tonic, so ironic,
Rubbishing Jehovah.

Refrain:

O stars of gases, fusion displays,
Stars, a source of gamma rays,
Nowhere leading, us unheeding,
Wholly natural displays.

Born a primate on Africa’s veldt
Born a monkey without a pelt,
Despite endeavor, die forever,
Even in the Bible belt.

Refrain

Received wisdom I decry,
My own reason I live by.
Prayer and praising, just navel gazing,
Better to worship π.

Refrain

Religions are all the same to me,
Just an excuse for bigotry,
Hating, lying, killing, dying,
Blinding the bourgeoisie.

Refrain

Glorious now behold Us rise;
From the muck we’ve made us wise.
Alleluia, Alleluia,
We deserve the Nobel Prize.

Refrain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you cringe when you get hits and probably do worse when you get unwanted comments, but this carol is so amusing and I couldn't resist.

Happy Winter Solistice to all.

Brit said...

Marvellous!

Despite my wretched unholiness, there's nothing I love more than donning my gay apparel and a joining in a thundering good troll of the Yuletide carol. I shall certainly add this to my repertoire.

All together now, with my favourite: "Lo! He abhors not the virgin's womb!"

Oroborous said...

A most worthy response; love the refrain.

Unknown said...

Excellent! Though done in jest, it captures the dunnoist spirit perfectly.